Before Starting Your Blog You Must Decide in between below options
1. Blogging Platform (I suggest WordPress).
2. Free or paid platform (I prefer Paid).
3. Hosting Provider (I Am using GoDaddy.com).
1. Blogging Platform (I suggest WordPress)
Before you can even start worrying about how your blog will look like, you’ll need to choose your blogging platform.
There’s a lot to choose from. You are able to create a blog with many different blogging platforms, such as WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more…
terawebic.com And so many others are suggesting WORDPRESS – Why?
Given that there are over 75 Million Active users using WordPress today, it’s clear which platform is the leader. My blogs and sites are also built with WordPress blogging platform. Here’s why:
- It’s FREE for everyone to use (including themes, layouts and add-ons that many other blogging platforms don’t provide).
- Because so many are using it..So that you will have so many tutorials and help over the internet.
- It’s super easy to set up.
- It’s secure; WordPress is always updating their software and keeping everything sound and secure, so there’s rarely a worry of having your blog come under hacking attacks.
- It’s HIGHLY customizable. There are hundreds of free themes and plugins that add more functionality to your blog, from contact and subscribe boxes to plugins. So you can have totally customized and unique blog with WordPress.
2. Free platform or paid? (I prefer Paid)-
Without a doubt, you need to self-host your WordPress blog.
Think about it – what famous, successful blogger, you know is using a free blogging website like “Terawebic.anyfreeblogs.com” instead of their own domain name like “terawebic.com”, for example?
It’s not just that – free blogging platforms have other problems too – including…
- You’re not allowed to advertise (Main reason overall)on most free blogging platforms, making it much harder to ever make money from blogging.
- You don’t control your content– the blogging platform does. They could shut you down any time, and for any reason.
- The web address of your blog will be long and hard to remember(like TeraWebic.blogspot.com) instead of a catchy, branded address you choose.
If you really don’t care whether or not your blog will be successful, go with free blogging platforms. They’re an okay way to try out blogging for learning or you don’t want to advertise on your blog.
3. Hosting Provider (I Am using GoDaddy.com)
It’s All upon you which hosting plan you select but I am using godaddy.com because it gives more features in less price. And for beginner level I think it’s perfect. Its also giving free domain with every hosting plan and when you grow, you can upgrade your plan easily .
but there are so many other good hosing companies you can start with some Examples are
So after purchasing your Hosting and your Domain name we will follow below Steps………….
How to Install & set up your WordPress Blog
(Here we are Using Godaddy.com)
To Install WordPress on Your Hosting Account
1. Log in to your Hosting account.
2. Hover on your username (Blue star in above image 1)
3. Now click My Products (Showed in Image 1)
4. Click Web Hosting (plus sign)
5. Next to the hosting account you want to use For your blog, click Manage.
6. In the Web Applications section, click WordPress.(Showed in image 4)
7. Click Install This Application. (Showed in Image 5)
Note :- Next all steps are common over other hosting WordPress installation.
8. Complete the on-screen fields, and then click INSTALL:
- Domain — Select the domain on your account you want to use.
- Directory — Enter the directory after the domain name where you want to install WordPress. If you want the domain name itself to use WordPress, the directory field should only have “/” entered.
- Enter a Username, Password (and its confirmation), and an Email Address.
- Memorize or write it somewhere because you need it every time you need to log into your WordPress blog.
- Click Install.
9. After Installation Click on My Applications.
- 1st link click…… You can see your blog .(still not ready)
- 2nd lind click ……You can edit your blog(first time it will take you to wordpress setup wizard. I will tell you about setup wizard In next 10th step.
- 3rd link click……. WordPress Support
10. Click 2nd link which is /wp-admin
Yow will see a screen like above When you click first time /wp-admin which is Setup wizard for WordPress .
11. Click Start WIzard and follow Steps.
Select Type of Website you want, because we want a blog we selected Blog only. Enter other details. Click Continue.
12. Contact Section .
In above image 11 Enter all info.For any successful Blog you must have your Facebook page and other social network profiles to approach your user. I Will tell you about the social network role in any blog. If you already have social profiles related to you blog configure them in ” Add Your Social Media Profile” and Click “Continue” .
13. Theme Selection.
There are so many free themes available for WordPress. In Godaddy setup wizard some popular themes are shown in the above image. You can preview them and select any theme you like. You can also change your theme in future. Click on any theme you like .
14. Installing Your Theme Screen…
15. After Installation complete . Edit Theme Options Will appear .. so You can customize your wordpress theme.
Note :- ( I will tell you more about editing themes and changing thems in another post )
So like above You can easily install WordPress on your hosting. Happy blogging .
If you have any questions and suggestion, please write it, in the comment section..
Thanks for reading .